Monday, November 29, 2010

Free Your Mind and the rest will follow....

My favorite Native American Fable goes like this:  A chief is talking to his tribe about two dogs inside his mind: one, a white dog that is good and courageous, the other, a black dog that is angry and vengeful.  Both dogs are fighting for their life.  A young brave jumps in and asks, "Which one will win?" The chief responds, "The one I feed."
It's important that we remember to feed what is good within us and nurturing to our Spirit.  We always have a choice.  It isn't always easy but it is always simple.  You can start today by setting your intention to feed what's best within you.  A good affirmation is, "this, or something better, for my highest good and the highest good of all."
When we live our life by this affirmation, and set our intention to nurture our spirit, we let go of the need to control.  This is a significant key to emotional freedom.  Free your mind and the rest will follow.......


For further information you can reach Leta Bell at www.LetaBell.com

4 comments:

  1. Thank you ... I love that song, so now it AND the message is in my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I be honest and blunt? May I use this forum to be authentic? The black dog has won the fight today and the last few days. His growl and bite have hypnotized me to submission. The result is paralysis. The white dog is no longer cute or appealing but only irritating. My mind is in a prison as a result. The paralysis is a repellent to anything kind, soft or nurturing. The black dog must have been fed big steaks and my mind is consumed.

    May I use myself as the example of the dark side and prove your point precisely, Leta. We must feed ourselves with good intentions, loving kindness and affirmations BEFORE the black dog can even take that first lunge toward you. Once you have fallen prey to it, it is a hard road back.

    The sadness I have felt over the loss of a dearly held friend of late has impacted me intensely and only in his honor do I brave to be honest and real in how I live and how I relate (for that is how he lived his life). This is why I reveal myself here in all truth and vulnerability. I hope you don't view this as a black mark on your new, beautiful blog and community. And only in reality and truth will I be accountable toward the good. There is little accountability when the conversation bounces around in my skull. My truth here is my show of respect for your affirmation.

    Maybe now that I have voiced it out loud, I can make a new choice tomorrow. Maybe I can quiet my mind, starve out the black dog and move away from the grief. Because I don't even have it in me to say the affirmation at all right now.

    Thank you, Leta, for this and for this timing. And may I delete this later if I regret it too much?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pay it Forward Day today, getting busy fulfilling important work, allowing the positive to flow into more positive, actions begetting thoughts, feeding positive thoughts and then ending the day giving my son an awesome first night of Chanukah. The white dog wins the battle today! :-)

    Can't wait for you next post, Leta, and I promise not to take it up with replies!!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, you can make as many posts as you like. I felt your pain and grief in your first post and welcomed your authenticity. Congrats on feeding the white dog. That being your positive flow, new lease on life and the beginning of Chanukah. I celebrate you and your precious son. You have been on my mind since we spoke the other night. Maybe you should start a blog? You are beautiful writer with so much to share with the world.
    In love and gratitude to you.....

    ReplyDelete