Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Attitude of Gratitude

The holiday season gets so busy at times; it feels like every minute counts to get things done.  Lately, I have been letting the holiday stress get the better of me.  I knew the stress was outweighing my attitude of gratitude.  But, still, realizing this, I couldn't get the gratitude up to tip the scales on stress.  Then this happened:  I had a dental appointment to refill a broken filling.  While sitting in the dental chair, after the dentist inspected my tooth.  She told me, I did not need to replace the filling or having any dental work done!  I left the dentist appointment avoiding any dental procedures and the appointment did not cost me a dime.  Now, I don't know about you, but going to the dentist is not my idea holiday cheer.  But it was just that.  I walked out of that dentist's office thrilled; filled with gratitude and joy.  I knew at that moment this experience was my anchor to gratitude this holiday season.  So when the holiday pressure begins to weigh down, I am mindful to tap into all that I am grateful for.  My gratitude list begins my teeth!

While sitting in waiting room for my dental appointment I read the following Melody Beattie quote in The Meadows newsletter:

“Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life.
  It turns what we have into enough, and more.
  It turns denial into acceptance,
  chaos to order, confusion to clarity.
  It can turn a meal into a feast,
  a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.
  Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today,
  and creates a vision for tomorrow.”
 


Wishing you the attitude of gratitude this holiday season so you may experience peace in your day through out the remainder of this year.  Blessings to you all.  Happy Holidays.  Leta




For further information you can reach Leta Bell at www.LetaBell.com

2 comments:

  1. I love what you are doing and that you are writing for all of us to benefit from. Thank you so much Leta

    Maya Christobel

    ReplyDelete